Are you Single and ready to mingle? Well, in that case, you’ve landed at the right palace. Dating as a concept came very late in India and is still growing continuously. However. Your search for the best dating apps in India ends now. Because we’re here to help sort your discovery for the dating app that’s best in India for you. Do you often tell yourself, “I wish I could have someone to share your happy and sad moments? Someone who makes me happy.” If yes, you definitely need to get into dating to build meaningful and real relationships. Being single can be tough and boring at times, but dating definitely can be exciting and fun.
Post-Covid, dating apps have seen a popular boom on their platforms. However, dating has changed a lot in the past few years, leaving behind the traditional way of getting to know a person. Besides, you must step out of your comfort zone to find that one person who makes you happy and matches your vibe.
Here’s a list of the best dating apps in India for people seeking a relationship:
Breaking all of the stereotypes in the Indian society and dating ecosystem, Bumble made its entry into India with a women-friendly proposition. It is well-known for its women-focused features that allow a better dating experience for users. You’ll find very less to no fake profiles on the platform and that’s what makes this one of the highly-rated and best dating apps in India.
Key features of the Bumble app:
- You can undo the swipes free of cost (3 undo’s every 2 hours)
- 24-hour interaction window where if people are interested, it creates a sense of urgency.
- Women-first app where women take the first action to start a conversation.
One of the first dating apps to encourage dating as a concept in modern Indian society. Tinder was launched in 2016 in India when most people were not aware of swiping right on an app and meeting new people. However, Tinder also has some stories where some couples ended up marrying each other as they met on Tinder. The app is fun and very easy to use. You can match with each other and start chatting via texts, images and gifs.
Key features of the Tinder app:
- Very smooth interface with strict privacy protection.
- Swiping makes it seem playful.
- Use filters like age, gender etc. for matching similar interests.
- You can buy the pro version to get unlimited swipes and video calling as well.
Hinge is a dating app in India that has become very popular recently because of its sophisticated and new features. People can’t swipe on you endlessly and ignore you after matching. This app comes with more transparency, viability and accountability. The next part is that you can choose your location, unlike Tinder where you have to get the Pro version for it.
Key features of the Hinge app:
- No random swiping but liking as a feature.
- Send a personalised message when you like someone.
- Add witty and quirky photos to your profile.
- A great app for people looking for a long-term relationship as they position themselves as an app that’s “Designed to be deleted”.
Happn is a dating app that’s best in India when it comes to dating and meeting people that you cross paths with knowing or unknowingly. As an app, they prioritise keeping it safe and smooth when matching with your crush.
Key features of the Happn app:
- It has location-based matching where you match with people whom you have crossed paths with.
- Share your favourite Spotify songs with each other.
- None to very less chance of meeting a fake profile.
- Voice note friendly
- Good chances of getting a real connection with someone you like that’s near you.
Aisle is a trusted dating platform when it comes to people looking to build real relationships. You will find a lot of Indians on the app with genuine profiles. People nowadays put apps into hookup or fling categories, whereas Aisle stands out as a relationship-driven app.
Key features of the Aisle app:
- No to very less fake profiles.
- Designed for people looking for real relationships.
- Women-first approach
- Host a virtual room and begin an audio conversation
When it comes to finding true love without going on a matrimonial app, Truly Madly is the best dating app in India for that. The app has more than 10 million downloads to help you unsingle yourself. The main proposition of the app is to help you build real and long-lasting relationships.
Key features of the Truly Madly app:
- High security when it comes to user privacy.
- Helping you find true love that matches your interests (not matrimony).
- Use cool stickers in chat.
- Add videos to your profile.
Tantan is a popular dating app not only in India but across the globe. The app allows you to match with interesting people and make friends or find your perfect companion. They have a no creeps policy where no random stranger can DM you. Match with people that have likes and interests similar to yours.
Key features of the Tantan app:
- Voice notes in the chat.
- No random people messaging you in your inbox.
- Safe and secure when it comes to privacy.
- Ice-breaking questions to start the conversation.
8. Quack Quack
QuackQuack is an Indian dating app founded by Ravi Mittal in 2010. The app has more than 17 million registered users where you can match with local people and go on dates. You can upgrade to their premium version and unlock more interesting features.
Key features of the QuackQuack app:
- Screened and moderated profiles to avoid fake users.
- Meet people that have similar interests.
- Match with people of your age group and city.
- Audio and video calling options.
If are a sophisticated person and looking to find someone that matches your vibe, this one can be one of the best dating apps in India for you. With a smooth interface and safety for women, this international dating app helps you get into real and romantic relationships.
Key features of the Woo app:
- Calling option specifically for women without showing their number.
- Helps you in finding people with similar interests.
- You can send a ‘Crush’ message to let someone know that you like them.
- Curated and verified profiles.
10. Cofee Meets Bagel
Coffee Meets Bagel is a dating app that is dedicated to people who are looking to find real and serious relationships. They focus less on getting you to meet more people but give you better people that might be interested in you. You can use features like boost to get noticed among profiles that you are interested in.
Key features of the Cofee Meets Bagel app:
- Detailed profiles to help you match.
- Designed to make your chats transition to going on a date.
- Advanced filters to match with people who are looking for something similar.
- Better when it comes to finding serious relationships.
Whether you are straight, gay, lesbian or don’t fit into any one label, OkCupid is an app that helps you match with people who have similar likes. This app helps you discover and meet people looking for romantic relationships.
Key features of the OkCupid app:
- Flirt & chat with local people.
- Plan a date with your match.
- Great messaging and chat features.
- No ads on the platform.
One of the best dating apps in India that has recently been getting a lot of attention is Badoo. This modern dating app allows you to connect with new people around you and go on dates. You can match and chat with people, make friends, or even find a partner for a long-term serious relationship.
Key features of the Badoo app:
- Highly verified and curated profiles.
- Great design and is easy to navigate.
- Video calling feature for you to see the person you’re talking to.
- Guidelines to help you date with confidence and ease.
Mingout is one of the most unique dating apps not only in India but the world. This app is more of an experience-based app that helps you go on better first dates. This app doesn’t help you find a ‘match’ but an actual ‘date’ be it offline or even virtual.
Key features of the Mingout app:
- Go on better first dates.
- Woman-led invite-only app.
- Virtual dates.
- Interesting date ideas to help you have fun.
Boo is an app that helps you find interesting people and make friends or date. The app also has a community section where you can post about things. The app not only allows you to connect with people in India but across the world.
Key features of the Boo app:
- Make friends or date like-minded people.
- Curated and verified profiles.
- Detailed profiles to know each other better.
- Great messaging and chat system.
15. Dil Mil
Dil Mil is a dating app specifically for South Asian people who are looking to get into real relationships. The app has more than two million users across countries like USA, UK, India, Canada and Australia. One of the first apps where you find people based on communities that you are interested in such as Gujarati, Punjabi, Bengali etc.
Key features of the Dil Mil app:
- Match with South Asians across geographies.
- Ethnicity/community filters.
- Verified profiles.
- Built for serious and real romantic relationships.
We hope you had fun exploring these best dating apps in India. Cheers!